- People with a passing knowledge of each other.
- A person with some proximity or common interests.
- No emotional ties.
- Friends or partners in a particular activity.
- Some limited emotional connection.
- Persons united in a common goal or against a common enemy.
- Often used with a military or political connotation.
- Relationships tend to be limited in time.
Best Friend (BFF)
- Strong interpersonal ties.
- Emotional connection unlike any other.
- Sharing of info and experiences.
- Friendship based on a common experience of an extreme nature.
- Soldier in combat.
- Survivors of a plane crash.